I call sattu the god’s food and a gift to the humanity. Sattu is usually consumed in beverage form and is often used in summer because it can cool down the body well. The sattu sharbat (drink) is beneficial for health and it can be consumed among people of any age. Thus, get aware of its health benefits to include it in your diet.
Note: I consume it daily and it has helped me in losing extra weight and keeping me strong and healthy.
Few benefits of the Sattu
- Sattu cool down the body. Sattu is a great drink to quench your thirst during summer because it prevents the body from overheating and brings down the body temperature significantly.
Provides Instant Energy:
- Sattu is a simple drink that stores lots of nutrients and energy. In addition, sattu very easily digested by the body. Consuming sattu daily on a regular basis will maintain physical and mental health.
High in nutrients:
- Made by the dry-roasting process that seals in all the nutrients, sattu is rich in protein, fiber, calcium, iron, manganese and magnesium. In fact, 100 gram of sattu contains 20.6 percent protein, 7.2 percent fat, 1.35 percent crude fiber, 65.2 percent carbohydrates, 2.7 percent total ash, 2.95 percent moisture and 406 calories.
- Sattu has low glycemic index hence, drinking of sattu sharbat is beneficial for those suffering from diabetes. Sattu helps in regulating the blood sugar level.
- Sattu is highly rich in fiber which keeps the stomach full for long reducing the craving for food. Moreover, it also helps in reducing the extra fat from the body thereby, helping in weight loss.