As a mom, I am very worried about what my son is eating as he often rejects almost all the good and beneficial health food. His eating habits make me tired as I keep running after him with the bowl. Is this the right way to feed him or let me put it in a simple form ‘is the way I am feeding him is right?’. The answer is straight ‘No’.
Instead of running after your kid and forcing them to eat, with few of the tricks we can make them eat what we want! I have few of the tricks which keep helping me in feeding with less effort:
- I pretend to eat instead of directly feeding him. I don’t offer him unless he asks for.
- I have kept bowls of similar colors, and I too eat in the same bowl making him feel he is not eating anything different.
- I make him sit on the dining table and allow him to eat on his own.
- I combine fruits and vegetables in his favourite dishes or sometimes I add them in between of his favourite food.
- I don’t keep him feeding for the whole day. I have made a timetable and based on that I serve him food.
- I have made eating healthy a lifestyle, so we all as a family hardly eats anything which is bad for the health and thus if my toddler wants to eat from my plate I don’t mind passing it to him.
- Try not to show them mobile or videos to make them eat, it may look easy at first to feed with mobile but not good for their eyes and mental growth.
- Try to show them outside or engage them in a conversation while feeding, this too will help in mental and emotional growth.
With few changes to how we feed them, they eat something. As a mom or parent, you will be never satisfied with the nutrition your toddler is getting in their food but leaving them to eat on their own is the success to feed a fussy eater.