I have lost around 26 kg of my weight but before I got into the flow of exercise and weight loss I have failed many times. I don’t remember how many times but what made me finally lose weight was perseverance and dedication. I always knew I will make it work but after how many times I have to restart I never knew that. I am listing few reasons from my experience which might help you too!
- I was too tired as my baby use to get up very frequently during the night. Being a new mom I was unknown about how to handle an infant and even small problems use to give me sleepless nights. As a result weight loss and exercise never seemed that important to me. So the lesson learned here is “Unless you find it important you cannot do it”.
- The baby was/is the only important and other things took a back seat. Yes, the baby is important and so does you are. Never underplay yourself. Your health is important and so you need to give time to yourself.
- I was too scared as I had gained around 30 kg of weight during my pregnancy and so from where to start was the biggest question. I failed many a time thinking I can’t do it but then I got the secret which is “start small”.
- It’s a long game and if you are thinking you can do this in a day or two, you are going to fail. Have a plan of how much weight you should lose and what is your lifestyle? So always “Plan and Execute”.
- Don’t be very harsh on yourself. If you follow a very strict plan you may not execute it for long so always have a plan which you can follow for a minimum of 12 weeks.
- Mix your workouts and make them fun. If you are planning only to diet and not following any exercise routine than keeping yourself motivated is going to be tough or rather after a time you will not follow any plan. So to keep yourself motivated and going “Mix your exercise with diet”.
My learning will surely help you to lose weight or start a journey full of health and well-being.