As a new mom we often get tensed thinking of many things or sometimes lack of sleep makes us more irritating. Just remember one thing “we are human too and so can’t be perfect all the times”. There will be a time when we will lose our mind and sense but how to make sure we remain calm and composed.
Five points which helped me in my post pregnancy days raising and taking care of my son:
- Relax, listen to some good music. watch your favorite show, call and talk to your friends. Most important talk to your partner.
- Get out of the house for walk and fresh air.
- Sleep with your baby. Don’t just start doing household work as soon as your baby sleeps. Take some rest as well. Dirty laundry and kitchen can be done afterwards.
- Take help of family and friends. If you are missing something for your baby that’s still fine, just remember you can’t be perfect all the times so ask for help and trust them.
- Don’t worry about weight loss. Of Course you need sometime to get in shape and worrying will not help you in getting that. Focus on being healthy, not on weight loss.
I understand it’s not easy to handle post pregnancy depression and at the same time no one can help you. You are the only person who have to work on it and come out of it. Just remember “You are the best!” .