Autism if rectified early helps a lot in getting proper treatment. We parents have to be careful and should make sure to track development of our babies. Normally 2 to 3 months delay is normal and we should not worry but if milestones are taking time to be achieved we should see the doctor or an expert for their advice. Below are the milestones generally achieved by babies under one year and on their 1st birthday they should be doing them all.
- Make eye contact, such as looking at you when being fed or smiling when being smiled at
- Respond to his or her name, or to the sound of a familiar voice
- Follow objects visually or follow your gesture when you point things out
- Point or wave goodbye, or use other gestures to communicate
- Make noises to get your attention
- Initiate or respond to cuddling or reach out to be picked up
- Imitate your movements and facial expressions
- Play with other people or share interest and enjoyment
- Notice or care if you hurt yourself or experience discomfort
As I always say every baby is different so there may be a delay of 2 to 4 months in achieving the above milestones.